- Step 1: Place pizza stone on lowest rack Place pizza stone in a cold oven on the lowest rack.
- TIP: Never put a cold pizza stone in a hot oven as it can crack the stone.
- Step 2: Pre-heat oven Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Step 3: Put cornmeal on paddle Sprinkle cornmeal on pizza paddle.
- TIP: Sprinkling cornmeal on pizza paddle helps prevent the pizza from sticking to the paddle and the pizza stone.
- Step 4: Put dough, sauce, toppings on cornmeal Put dough, sauce, and toppings on top of corn meal.
- Step 5: Slide pizza onto stone in oven and cook Slide pizza onto the hot stone and cook for 10 minutes.
- Step 6: Slide cooked pizza onto paddle, slice, eat Slide pizza back onto the paddle, slice the pizza, and eat.
- TIP: Do not use a knife or pizza cutter on a pizza stone. Your knife or pizza cutter will likely be damaged.
- Step 7: Cool stone, clean Let the stone cool and clean with warm water and no soap.
- FACT: The margherita pizza was born in 1889, when Queen Margherita Teresa Giovanni visited Naples, Italy.
You Will Need
- A pizza stone
- An oven
- A pizza paddle
- Pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Pizza toppings