- Step 1: Test every weapon Test every weapon your game offers to decide which one is the best for you and to discover the strengths and weaknesses of each firearm.
- Step 2: Adjust control sensitivity Adjust the game's control sensitivity and hot keys to conform to your style using the "options" menu.
- TIP: Hot keys allow you to quickly perform a task such as reloading or changing weapons with just the push of a button.
- Step 3: Know your environment Know your environment and become familiar with each level. Pay close attention to any traps and locate the best places to hide in a firefight.
- Step 4: Move quickly and often Move quickly and often. A moving target is harder to hit than one that is standing still.
- TIP: When hit, most games will show you the direction of your attacker using red arrows. Use this to get away quickly and return fire.
- Step 5: Shoot in bursts Shoot in quick bursts. Not only will this conserve ammunition, but it will also improve your accuracy.
- Step 6: Focus on one enemy Focus on one enemy at a time to avoid getting overwhelmed and making mistakes.
- Step 7: Repress mercy instincts Repress your mercy instincts and go for the jugular. Remember that this is a video game and not real life.
- FACT: Did you know? In 2006, first person shooters accounted for more than $400 million in game sales.
You Will Need
- Good eye-to-hand coordination
- Quick reflexes
- Basic computer knowledge