- Step 1: Read directions Read the directions on the fabric dye box. But on rubber gloves, if you're using them, and mix the dye and set it aside.
- Step 2: Fill a large bucket Fill a large bucket with hot water.
- TIP: The bucket should be big enough for the fabric to move around.
- Step 3: Soak the fabric Soak the fabric in hot water for five minutes and then remove it with the tongs.
- Step 4: Add to dye Place the fabric in the dye and stir it constantly for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Step 5: Rinse Rinse the fabric in warm water and then cool water, until the water runs clear.
- Step 6: Wash fabric Wash the fabric in warm water with mild detergent and then put it in the dryer.
- Step 7: Clean containers Once you're finished, clean the buckets with bleach to remove the dye.
- FACT: Did you know? Wool from the vicuna, an endangered species related to alpacas and llamas, is one of the world's most valuable natural fibers.
You Will Need
- Fabric dye
- Two buckets
- Mild detergent
- Rubber gloves (optional)