- Step 1: Make template Make a petal template out of the paper by cutting a piece 1-inch tall by ½-inch wide that tapers to a point at one end.
- Step 2: Cut petals Use the template to cut four petals from the felt. Arrange them in a row.
- TIP: Use all one color or alternate different colors.
- Step 3: Sew together Thread the needle and sew the bottom points of the petals together with a running stitch, putting two stitches in each. They should still be in a row, connected by the thread.
- Step 4: Gather Gather the petals together to form a flower shape by lightly pulling the thread. Add one stitch to secure the first petal to the last, knot the thread, and trim.
- Step 5: Repeat Repeat, making more flowers in various sizes and colors.
- Step 6: Attach to a pillow Attach several flowers to a throw pillow using a basting stitch.
- Step 7: Attach to a hair clip brooch Hot glue flowers to another piece of felt and then glue the felt to a hair clip or brooch.
- FACT: Did you know? Even the first 3-D feature film, The Power of Love, released in 1922, required special glasses for viewing.
You Will Need
- A needle and thread
- A hot glue gun
- Throw pillows
- A brooch
- Hair clip