- Step 1: Ask if your choices are good Counsel yourself on each life question by questioning every choice in terms of your long-term physical and psychic health. Trust your intuition about whether something feels right.
- Step 2: Examine your values Examine your values and write them down. Be certain that they are served by the choices you make.
- Step 3: Challenge yourself Challenge yourself to face denials. Be affirmative about your worth.
- TIP: Ask yourself specifically what you need to do to be happy.
- Step 4: Prioritize your time Prioritize the demands on your time. Identify what is of greatest meaning and consequence for you.
- TIP: Read self-help books that relate to your situation or life experiences.
- Step 5: Avoid trying to control others Ask yourself where the line is between your business and others'. Don’t attempt to control people or make decisions for them.
- Step 6: Request help Request help, trusting your intuition again to find the right and rational person to engage.
- Step 7: Make a list of priorities Make a list of priorities for your life complete with changes you want to make. Include deadlines to evaluate progress.
- FACT: Did you know? Former New York Times reporter Jayson Blair, who resigned amid a scandal involving fabrications and plagiarism, reinvented himself as a certified life coach.
You Will Need
- A pen and paper
- A trusted friend
- Self-help books (optional)