- Step 1: Sleep and raise the yo-yo Throw a basic sleeper to start the trick. Then raise your yo-yo hand slightly above your head.
- TIP: You need to throw a solid sleeper that will last to have time to perform this trick.
- Step 2: Grab the string with your free hand Open your free hand and place it between your body and the string, with your palm facing your body. Then raise your free hand, spreading the string between your thumb and little finger.
- Step 3: Grab the string with your yo-yo hand Grab the string with your yo-yo hand a few inches above the yo-yo, and raise your yo-yo hand above your free hand, creating a triangle shape.
- Step 4: Rock the cradle Swing the yo-yo back and forth in the middle of the triangle to rock the cradle.
- TIP: You can practice this trick with a non-spinning yo-yo to get the string work mastered first.
- Step 5: Bring back the yo-yo Give the yo-yo a jerk, let go of the string, and bring the yo-yo back to your hand to complete the cradle yo-yo trick.
- FACT: Did you know? The word "yo-yo" comes from the Philippines, meaning "come-come" or "come back."
You Will Need
- A yo-yo
- Intermediate experience