- Step 1: Check printer connection and power Check to see if the printer is properly connected and powered on.
- Step 2: Click Apple icon Click on the apple-shaped icon in the top-left corner of your desktop and select "System Preferences."
- Step 3: Click on "Print & Fax" icon Click on the "Print & Fax" icon from the new window that pops up.
- TIP: If you make a mistake, don't panic. Simply close all open windows and start over.
- Step 4: Find the printer menu Find the menu labeled either "Selected Printer in Print Dialogue" or "Default Printer."
- Step 5: Select your default printer Select the printer that is most convenient or most often used from this menu. If you’re unsure which printer to select, match your printer’s model number or manufacturer’s name to one on the menu.
- Step 6: Print a test page Print a test page to see if it goes to the correct printer. If not, repeat steps two through five and try again.
- FACT: Did you know? Xerox developed the first laser printer in 1971.
You Will Need
- The printer model number
- The printer manufacturer