- : Always consult a physician before attempting any exercise plan.
- Step 1: Work out your abs Exercise your abdominal muscles two to three times a week for at least 20 minutes. Focus on slow and controlled reps.
- TIP: Make crunches a little harder by adding weight. Hold a weight behind your head or on your chest.
- Step 2: Train with weights Lift weights three times a week. This will increase muscle mass. The more muscles you have, the more calories your body will burn.
- Step 3: Incorporate cardio Incorporate aerobic exercise four times a week for at least 20 minutes. Aerobic exercise burns fat, which will help reveal the ab muscles you're building. Try biking, swimming, or brisk walking.
- Step 4: Eat right Eat a well-balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables and lean protein. Your diet is key to getting a six-pack.
- Step 5: Drink water Drink lots of water. Water helps you stay hydrated, helps rid your body of toxins, and keeps you from being bloated.
- Step 6: Rest Get plenty of sleep. Rest will help your muscles heal and build new tissue.
- Step 7: Stick with it Discipline, hard work, and determination will get you results. Stick with it!
- FACT: Jumping rope for one hour can burn around 658 calories.
You Will Need
- Light weights
- Healthy diet