- Step 1: Find country code Every country has its own country code for incoming calls. Find the country code of the country you are calling, by looking it up online.
- TIP: You can also dial 0 from a landline to ask an operator for assistance.
- Step 2: Know the exit code Remember the exit code for the United States. The exit code is zero-one-one.
- TIP: The exit code in most other countries is zero-zero. Confirm the exit codes when you are out of the United States.
- Step 3: Calls from the U.S. Dial zero-one-one, and then dial the destination country code and the phone number.
- Step 4: Talk Talk as long as you like, but remember, international call rates vary, and those minutes add up!
- FACT: Did you know? The number of international calls from the U.S. has risen from about 200 million to more than 6.2 billion over the past 20 years.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Country Code
- Phone number