- Step 1: Determine screw length Decide how many keys you want on the keychain to determine the length of the screw you will be purchasing.
- Step 2: Take keys Take your keys to your local hardware store and purchase a Chicago screw that will fit through the keychain holes in your keys.
- TIP: If the screw is too big, use a drill to enlarge the key holes.
- Step 3: Add a washer Thread a washer onto the screw; then add your keys. Fasten the bolt closed with the fastener.
- Step 4: Put drops on Put a few drops of thread locking compound on the screw to prevent it from loosening.
- FACT: In 1922, two men escaped an Oswego, New York jail cell by fashioning a spoon into a makeshift key.
You Will Need
- A Chicago screw
- A washer
- Thread-locking compound
- A drill (optional)