- Step 1: Give them a message in a bottle Give them a message in a bottle: Age a white piece of paper by brushing it with cooled tea and setting it on a piece of waxed paper. Once it's dry, write a love note on it, roll it up, tie it with a ribbon, and stick it in a clean, corked bottle. Hide it for your love to find.
- Step 2: Let them puzzle it out Make a jigsaw puzzle out of a favorite photo: Glue a photo that's at least 8-by-10 onto a thin piece of cardboard; trace puzzle pieces on the back; then cut them out with a craft knife. Smooth any rough edges with sandpaper, and present the pieces in a gift box.
- Step 3: Personalize a box of candy Personalize a box of candy by writing messages like "I love you" and "you're hot" on adhesive-backed paper and sticking them onto the bottom of each candy's brown-paper cup.
- Step 4: Create a calendar Take a calendar, cover each month's picture with a photo of people, places, and things your partner loves, and mark days that are special to the two of you – along with "mystery holidays" throughout the coming year when you'll surprise them with something special.
- Step 5: Make a set of playing cards Make an adult set of playing cards by taking a regular deck and assigning a sexy favor to the same cards in each suit – with aces being truly wild. Then invite them to join you for a provocative night of poker.
- FACT: About 44 percent of all American households plan a Valentine's Day "date night."
You Will Need
- Arts and crafts materials