- Step 1: Go to Facebook and register Go to Facebook.com and enter your name, e-mail address, and new password. Then select your sex, enter your birthday, and click "Sign Up." After entering the text for the security check, click the next "Sign Up" button.
- Step 2: Confirm e-mail Click the button that takes you to your e-mail provider. View the confirmation message from Facebook and click the link to complete your registration.
- Step 3: Confirm friends If you already have friend requests, a window will appear asking you to "Confirm" or "Ignore" them. Work your way through the list. To bypass any step, click "Skip this step."
- Step 4: Find friends Click "Find Friends" to let Facebook search your e-mail accounts for potential friends who are already on the site. Check the boxes next to people you'd like to contact; then click "Add as Friends." They'll receive a message requesting their friendship, which they will then "Confirm" or "Ignore."
- Step 5: Invite e-mail contacts Invite e-mail contacts who aren't already on Facebook to join the site. All of your e-mail contacts will be selected automatically, so uncheck the boxes next to those you don't want to invite, and click "Invite to Join."
- Step 6: Enter profile information Enter your high school and college, if applicable, and your class year. Then, add the company that you work for if you like. Click "Save & Continue."
- Step 7: Select the people you know Based on what you've entered so far, Facebook will suggest additional people to send friend requests to. Select the people you know, then save and continue.
- Step 8: Enter additional profile info Enjoy your new Facebook profile! Make the most of it by personalizing your profile, adding friends and photos, and joining online communities.
- FACT: The fastest-growing Facebook demographic is 35 and over.
You Will Need
- A computer with internet access
- An e-mail account