- Step 1: Fully charge your battery Always keep the battery at least half charged. Although a phone may have enough power to attempt a call, it may not have enough to maintain a signal.
- TIP: Make calls while the phone is charging if you need to.
- Step 2: Find a window Find a window. Being deep inside a building can kill a cell phone signal. Move towards a window, or an outer wall, to find a usable signal.
- TIP: Set the phone by a window and use a mobile headset so you can move around the room while keeping the signal.
- Step 3: Get away from electronics Move away from other electronics to reduce interference that could cause your phone to drop calls.
- Step 4: Go outside Go outside, to a street intersection or a park, where tall buildings and other obstructions are less likely to block the signal.
- Step 5: Hold it at the correct angle Hold the cell phone at the proper angle. The antenna is designed to work best when the phone's user is upright and holding the phone in the usual manner.
- FACT: Did you Know? One poll found that 33 percent of wireless subscribers feel lost without their wireless phone.
You Will Need
- A fully charged cell phone
- Access to a window
- And open space
- A phone charger
- A mobile headset