- Step 1: Open Internet Explorer Open the Internet Explorer browser on your computer. Locate the Tools menu at the top of the browser and select Internet Options. A new window will pop open.
- Step 2: Click the Delete button Click the Delete button under Browsing History. Select Cookies and either click Delete Cookies or check the box and press OK at the bottom of the window.
- TIP: Delete other types of internet files to clean up your hard drive from this same window anytime.
- Step 3: Open Firefox browser In Firefox on a PC select Tools at the top of the screen and then Options. If you're using a Mac, go to Preference in the Firefox menu.
- Step 4: Select the Privacy tab Select the Privacy tab at the top of the pop-up window. Click the Show Cookies button, and then Remove All Cookies.
- Step 5: Open Safari If you're using Safari for Macs, select Preferences, Security, and then Show Cookies. Click Remove All.
- Step 6: Wait Wait for your computer to finish deleting cookies. Once it's done, close any open windows by pressing OK.
- FACT: Did you know? Identity theft costs victims over $5 billion annually.
You Will Need
- A computer with internet access
- Internet Explorer
- or Safari internet browsers