- Step 1: Wrap your present Wrap your present with whatever paper you have before making the bow.
- TIP: Wrap the present in newspaper – the bow will make the gift look great no matter what it's wrapped in.
- Step 2: Cut a long piece of paper Cut a piece of wrapping paper long enough to wrap around the present lengthwise. Fold the edges under to make them uniform. Tape the ends together on the back of the package to make the ribbon portion of the bow.
- Step 3: Cut strips for the bow Cut four strips, 8 ½ inches long and three-quarters of an inch thick. Then cut one more strip, 4 inches long and three-quarters of an inch thick.
- Step 4: Construct first part of bow Fold two of the long pieces into loops. Stack them on top of each other and arrange them at 90-degree angles, like a T. Staple them through the center to hold the T together, and then repeat with the other two long strips.
- TIP: Repeat as many times as you like to add more loops to your bow.
- Step 5: Put the whole bow together Make another loop with the short piece and staple it from the inside of the loop to the center of the other loops.
- Step 6: Tape the bow onto the present Tape the bow onto the center of the strip you wrapped around the present so you have a large ribbon and bow around the gift.
- FACT: Did you know? On average each person uses approximately one 100-foot tall Douglas fir tree in paper and wood products per year.
You Will Need
- Wrapping paper
- Newspaper (optional)