- Step 1: Insert software CD Insert the software CD and follow the on-screen directions.
- TIP: Some Macs will be able to identify your printer even without the software CD.
- Step 2: Connect power and USB cables Connect the power cable to your printer, and plug it into a wall outlet. Then connect one end of the USB cable to the back of your printer and the other end to the computer.
- TIP: If you don't have a spare USB port, connect your printer with a Firewire cable.
- Step 3: Turn printer on Turn on your printer and wait for the computer to recognize it. This may take a few minutes.
- Step 4: Check for printer Open the Print dialog box in any document.
- Step 5: Add printer manually In the printer setup utility window, add your printer manually by clicking Add Printer in the printer list, and then locating it on the list that pops up.
- FACT: Did you know? A report found that Apple controls about 90 percent of the premium computer market, which refers to computers costing over $1,000.
You Will Need
- The printer's software CD
- The printer's power cable
- A USB Cable
- A Firewire cable (optional)