- Step 1: Overcome your own prejudice Overcome your own prejudice. If you feel that being short is something to be ashamed of, women will pick up on that – and low self-esteem is a bigger turnoff than anything else.
- TIP: Don't bother wearing lifts. At some point, they have to come off, and the jig is up!
- Step 2: Ignore height When you meet a woman, make no references to height – yours or hers. Tall women find cracks about their size just as irritating as you find comments about yours.
- Step 3: Reach for the sky Go for the really tall gals. They're used to dating men that are shorter than them, so they may be more receptive to your advances than a woman who is only tall in relation to you.
- Step 4: Look successful Look prosperous when you're on the prowl. It's no secret that wealth tends to trump height, so invest in the successful man's uniform: a well-cut suit, good shoes, and a status watch.
- TIP: Look successful, but be unassuming. Otherwise, you'll look like you're trying too hard to impress.
- Step 5: Be friendly, not forward When approaching a woman, be friendly, not forward. Assume you have to overcome her resistance to dating a shorter man by showing her what a smart, funny, generous person you are before you ask her for her phone number.
- Step 6: Give the short gals a chance! If things don't work out with the statuesque gals, set your sights a little lower. There are plenty of shorter women out there who'd love to look up to a guy like you.
- FACT: With an average height of 5-foot-10, American men are the shortest men in the industrialized world. Dutch men are the tallest, with the average man measuring 6-foot-1.
You Will Need
- Lofty ambitions
- An air of prosperity