- Step 1: Make sure your iPod is frozen Make sure your iPod is really frozen. Check to see if the hold switch is locked or the music is paused.
- Step 2: Try recharging the iPod Recharge your iPod by plugging it into a wall outlet using a power adapter, or connect it to your computer. Sometimes an iPod appears to freeze when the battery is low.
- Step 3: Reset an iPod with a click wheel Reset an iPod with a click wheel by sliding the Hold switch between on and off. Then, hold down the Menu button and the center button at the same time for several seconds, and wait for the Apple logo to pop up.
- TIP: It may take a couple of tries before your iPod resets.
- Step 4: Reset an iPod with a scroll wheel Reset an iPod with a scroll wheel by toggling the Hold switch between on and off. With your thumb, hold down the Menu button and the Play-Pause button at the same time and wait for the Apple logo to pop up.
- FACT: Did you know? Apple has sold more than 200 million iPods since their debut in 2001. That’s enough for 2 of every 3 Americans.
You Will Need