- Step 1: Right-click On a Windows PC, right-click on the folder you want to zip and click 'Send to.'
- TIP: To highlight multiple folders to be zipped, press and hold the control button and select as many as you like.
- Step 2: Select compressed folder Click on compressed folder, which should be the top option.
- Step 3: Rename folder Rename your new zipped folder after it has been created.
- Step 4: Select a folder to zip Select the folder you want to zip on a Mac. Select multiple folders by holding down the Shift or Command key while clicking.
- Step 5: Create an archive Control-click on the folder you've selected, and then select Create Archive.
- Step 6: Wait for the zip Watch the window that appears and indicates the progress your computer is making toward compressing the folder. When it's done, an icon for a zip file containing the folder will appear.
- FACT: Did you know? The average computer user blinks seven times a minute.
You Will Need