- Step 1: Shape body You can make any animal you like, of course, but let's start with a dog. Take a handful of clay and shape it into a ball for the dog's body.
- Step 2: Make spots Use a different-colored clay to make spots for the dog's body.
- Step 3: Draw features On the poster board, draw and color the dog's features.
- Step 4: Cut out body parts Cut out the cardboard body parts.
- TIP: If you make body parts for several different animals, you can mix and match them to create a brand new species!
- Step 5: Stick pieces into clay Stick the cardboard pieces into the clay and bark "hello" to your new friend. Ruff, ruff!
- FACT: The smallest dog ever known to live was a dwarf Yorkshire Terrier who was only 3.75-inches from nose to tail, and 2.8-inches tall.
You Will Need
- Modeling clay in different colors
- Heavyweight poster board
- A pencil
- Some crayons or markers
- And scissors