- : This video is for informational purposes only. You should never play with fire.
- Step 1: Tuck steel wool into toilet paper Take a piece of steel wool and tuck it into the toilet paper.
- TIP: Expose strands Make sure several strands of steel wool are exposed. You’ll get more sparks that way.
- Step 2: Touch the battery to steel wool Lightly touch the battery to the steel wool.
- Step 3: Blow Blow.
- TIP: This is a handy trick to know for camping trips, since steel wool will ignite even when wet.
- Step 4: Put it out Now put that thing out, before the smoke alarm goes off.
- FACT: When you touch the steel wool to the battery, you’re actually shorting it out, causing it to burst into flames.
You Will Need
- Some steel wool
- A 9-volt battery
- A little toilet paper
- Some water