- Step 1: Loosen the peel Roll the orange around on a flat surface to loosen the peel.
- Step 2: Remove the guts Cut a large 'X' in the back of the orange and carefully remove its guts.
- TIP: If you’re squeamish, or allergic to citrus, wear gloves for this part.
- Step 3: Cut a hole Cut a small circular hole in the other side of the orange.
- Step 4: Insert clock mechanism Shove the clock mechanism inside the orange, poking its 'drive shaft' through the hole.
- Step 5: Attach clock hands & write numbers Attach the clock hands… Write hours on the orange… And enjoy your fruity new timepiece.
- FACT: A Clockwork Orange caused so much controversy in Britain that director Stanley Kubrick received death threats to his family, causing him to pull it out of circulation there.
You Will Need
- An orange
- A knife
- A battery-operated clock mechanism
- A set of clock hands
- A marker