- Step 1: Go into health care Go into health care. The job outlook is good for home health aides, physicians' assistants, physical therapist assistants, pharmacy technicians, dental hygienists, mental health counselors, substance abuse social workers, and physical therapists.
- Step 2: Explore computer science Get a degree in computer science or software engineering. The need continues to grow for computer scientists, database administrators, network systems and data communication analysts, and computer software engineers.
- Step 3: Work with animals Work with animals. The future is bright for veterinarians, veterinary technologists, and veterinary technicians.
- Step 4: Study finance or accounting Study finance. There's a growing demand for personal financial advisors and financial analysts. And there will always be a need for accountants.
- Step 5: Become a CSI Become a crime scene investigator. Forensic science technician is one of the 30 fastest growing occupations, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- TIP: You need a minimum of a bachelor's degree in biology or chemistry; many CSIs have master's of science or medical degrees.
- Step 6: Save the earth Study environmental science. The need to protect Mother Nature is only going to become more urgent in the coming years.
- FACT: Did you know? The jobs with the highest fatality rates include fishing, logging, flying, construction involving iron and steel, farming, and ranching.
You Will Need
- Post-secondary school education