- Step 1: Put string on middle finger Place the loop of the yo-yo string on the middle finger of your favored hand.
- Step 2: Place yo-yo in hand Hold the yo-yo in the palm of your hand, with the edge between your thumb and middle finger. Your palm is facing down.
- Step 3: Throw the yo-yo up Perform your first loop by throwing the yo-yo out in front of you and up above your head.
- TIP: Flick your wrist when you throw.
- Step 4: Throw in front of you Throw the yo-yo directly in front of you to form another loop when the yo-yo returns.
- Step 5: Throw downward Throw the yo-yo downward as it returns again to create the last loop.
- Step 6: Grab yo-yo Catch the yo-yo as it returns after completing the third loop.
- Step 7: Practice Practice and perform in front of your favorite audience.
- FACT: Did you know? The first St. Patrick’s Day parade was on March 17, 1762, in New York, filled with Irish soldiers who served in the English military.
You Will Need