- Step 1: Add water Add ½ inch of water to a votive candleholder before inserting the candle. When the candle burns down, the wax will pop out easily.
- Step 2: Soak in hot water Soak glass candle holders in hot, soapy water for a few minutes. This will soften the wax so that you can scrape it out with a butter knife or a spoon.
- TIP: Cover the knife or spoon with a cloth so you don't scratch the finish on your candleholder.
- Step 3: Freeze Place your candleholder on a baking sheet and leave it in the freezer overnight.
- Step 4: Take out of the freezer and remove wax Take the candleholder out of the freezer and gently tap the glass with your fingers until the wax loosens enough to remove.
- Step 5: Wash Wash the candleholder in hot, soapy water or run it through the dishwasher if it is dishwasher-safe.
- : Don't expose the glass to heat after it comes out of the freezer. The glass will break. Allow it to warm to room temperature.
- Step 6: Enjoy Enjoy your candleholder, which will look brand new the next time you use it.
- FACT: Did you know? Madame Tussaud established her wax museum in London in 1935 at "The Baker Street Bazaar."
You Will Need
- Dish soap
- A butter knife or spoon
- A baking sheet
- A freezer