- : Always consult a physician before attempting to do any exercise or exercise plan.
- Step 1: Get into position Stand with your feet apart, so they're directly under your hips, pull your shoulders back, lift your chest, and pull in your stomach muscles.
- Step 2: Perform single-arm row Perform the single-arm row by standing with your knees slightly bent. Hold the bar in the center with your left hand and lean forward at the hips, so that your torso is at a 45-degree angle to your hips. Pull the bar up, to just below your rib cage, and then lower it to the starting position.
- TIP: Do 10 to 12 repetitions of each exercise; then switch sides.
- Step 3: Perform single-arm press Perform the single arm press by holding the bar above your right shoulder. Stand up straight and push the bar up until your arm is straight. Wait two seconds then lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Step 4: Perform side-loaded squat Perform the side-loaded squat by holding the bar over your right shoulder and then doing a squat, so your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- TIP: Keep your shoulders back when you squat.
- Step 5: Perform bicep curl Perform the bicep curl by standing with your knees slightly bent. Grasp the bar with both hands and hold it in front of your thighs, with your palms facing out. Slowly curl the bar until your hands are in front of your shoulders, and then slowly lower it.
- FACT: Did you know? Skeletal, smooth, and cardiac are the three muscle types in your body.
You Will Need
- Weighted bar
- Proper posture