- Step 1: Preheat the oven Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2: Pierce the potato Pierce the potato several times with the fork.
- TIP: Rub the potato with olive oil or vegetable oil for crispier skin.
- Step 3: Put the potato on the sheet Place the potato on the baking sheet and place the sheet on the oven's middle rack.
- Step 4: Bake the potato Bake the potato until it's tender, about 40 to 60 minutes.
- Step 5: Cut and serve Cut an "X" through the top of the potato and spread the potato open, or slice it into rounds. Serve it plain or with your favorite toppings.
- FACT: Did you know? In experiments, sweet potatoes grown in Maryland and Alabama yielded two to three times as much carbohydrate for fuel ethanol production as corn grown in those states.
You Will Need
- Sweet potato
- Rimmed baking sheet
- Kitchen knife
- Olive or vegetable oil (optional)
- Toppings (optional)