- Step 1: Determine who your web site visitors are Determine who visits your web site. If your visitors are interested in cell phones, for example, plan to run affiliate ads for cell phones.
- TIP: Affiliate marketing programs can automatically generate ads that are precisely targeted to your site and your site content.
- Step 2: Capture e-mail addresses Set up a way to capture visitors’ e-mail addresses on your web site. Using ads in e-mail campaigns is yet another way to earn affiliate marketing revenue.
- TIP: Capture e-mail addresses by having a sign-in page, offering special memberships, or having a guest book.
- Step 3: Launch multiple web sites Launch more than one web site. The more traffic you attract, the greater the amount of affiliate marketing revenue you stand to earn.
- Step 4: Keep your web site current Keep the content on your web sites current and accurate in order to keep visitors coming.
- Step 5: Sign up with an affiliate marketing program Sign up with an affiliate marketing program. These programs, which are listed in online affiliate program directories, supply ads for nearly every imaginable business.
- FACT: Did you know? Major internet retailers earn as much as 2 percent of their revenue through tie-ins with other web sites.
You Will Need
- Your own web site
- Web site visitor profiles
- E-mail addresses of web site visitors
- Affiliate marketing program