- Step 1: Choose a platform Choose a platform or web host for your blog. There are many sites where you can set up a blog for free.
- TIP: Most free hosting sites allow design options so that your blog is not a carbon-copy of all the others. You can also pay a web designer for a custom look.
- Step 2: Decide on a theme Decide on a theme or topic for your blog. It can be super-specific or general commentary, but it should definitely be something you are passionate about.
- Step 3: Create content Create content to post on your blog. Post at least three times a week and keep the word count under 800.
- TIP: Pictures, audio, and video spice up the experience for your readers.
- Step 4: Promote your content Promote your content to increase your readership by reading other blogs and posting comments on their posts. Mention your blog in passing without being pushy.
- Step 5: Share links Share links to your blog posts in social-bookmarking sites. Be generous by mentioning other blogs on your blog.
- Step 6: Interact with your readers Interact with the readership that comes to your blog via the comments section. Blogging is a social activity, not just a soapbox. If you want to retain and grow your audience, talk to them.
- Step 7: Keep posting Keep posting. Without new content on a regular basis, readers will stop coming and you'll have to start over again.
- FACT: Did you know? According to Nielson Online, there were over 114 million identified blogs on the internet as of 2009.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Web host
- Web designer (optional)
- Multimedia content u00b7(optional)