- Step 1: Mix ingredients Mix the water, vinegar, baking soda, and grapefruit seed extract or lemon juice in a bowl.
- Step 2: Pour mixture into spray bottle Pour the mixture into the spray bottle.
- Step 3: Spray produce Spray your fruits and vegetables generously.
- Step 4: Let sit Let the mixture sit on the fruits and vegetables for five to 10 minutes.
- Step 5: RinseRinse your fruits and vegetables in the colander. Rinse your fruits and vegetables in the colander.
- TIP: Scrub your produce with a vegetable brush.
- Step 6: Enjoy Enjoy your favorite fruits and vegetables, knowing they're clean and that you saved money by mixing your own wash.
- FACT: Did you know? According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the average American consumes about 280 pounds of fruit and tree nuts each year.
You Will Need
- Fruits and vegetables
- 1 c. distilled white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- Grapefruit seed extract or lemon juice
- A bowl
- A spray bottle
- A colander
- A vegetable brush (optional)