- Step 1: Open Outlook and display Inbox Open Outlook and display the Inbox.
- Step 2: Click on Other tab in Options under Tools Click on the Tools menu at the top, and then on Options. In the Options dialog box, click Other.
- Step 3: Click on AutoArchive and review settings Select AutoArchive and review your settings, such as how often the system runs, the age at which items will be archived, and the file where old items will be moved to.
- TIP: If you select the checkbox for Prompt Before AutoArchive Runs, Outlook will request your approval each time it runs the process.
- Step 4: Click OK Click OK after making your changes.
- Step 5: Set Archive options for folders Set Archive options for individual folders by clicking Folder under the File menu. Click Properties, and then select AutoArchive. This allows you to change properties for open folders in Outlook.
- Step 6: Click OK Click OK after you've finished making changes.
- Step 7: Manually start the archive process Select Archive from the File menu to manually start the Archive process for all or selected folders in your mailbox.
- FACT: Did you know? In 2004 Congress passed a law granting e-mail the same privacy standards applied to telephone conversations.
You Will Need
- Microsoft Outlook