- Step 1: Place CD on paper Place your CD at the top of the paper, centered along the horizontal edge.
- Step 2: Fold left and right sides Fold the left and right vertical sides of the paper over the CD, as if you were going to wrap it. The paper won't cover the CD, leaving space at the center of the disc.
- TIP: Remove the CD and crease the paper, making the folds straight for the length of the paper.
- Step 3: Fold the bottom Place the disc in the center of the folded paper, over the folded edges, and make a horizontal crease from the bottom up, to just above the circle around the hole in the disc center, making a pocket.
- Step 4: Pull out "ears" Remove the disc and pull the edges of the paper from inside the short, upturned flap outward to make an arrow shape, making "ears" on the outside of the paper rectangle.
- Step 5: Make the pocket Re-fold the ears along the vertical folds, tucking them into the fold and making a pocket in the bottom of the case.
- Step 6: Make the top flap Fold the top corners of the sleeve inward. Slip your CD or DVD into the pocket, fold the top flap of the sleeve down, and tuck the flap into the bottom part of the sleeve.
- Step 7: Decorate Label your new CD or DVD case, decorate it, and file it in your collection.
- FACT: Did you know? The peak year for CD music sales was 1999, when sales totaled $16.4 billion.
You Will Need
- CD or DVD
- Piece of 8u00bd" x 11" paper
- Marker (optional)
- Decorations (optional)