- Step 1: Involve your family Involve your family in planning, selecting, and cooking meals. Cooking together can be a fun way to bond.
- Step 2: Prepare a healthy diet Prepare healthy meals at home that include whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
- Step 3: Eat meals together Eat meals together at the table. Take this time to talk and share events from your day.
- TIP: Overeating can occur if you eat in front of the TV.
- Step 4: Avoid fast food Avoid eating fast food. These foods are typically high in saturated fats, trans-fats, and calories.
- Step 5: Spend time getting active Spend more time getting active. Go for walks, bike rides, or other physical activities you can do as a family.
- FACT: Studies have shown that a child's risk of obesity greatly increases if one or more parent is overweight or obese.
You Will Need
- Healthy diet
- Planned meals