- Step 1: Coat your brush with shadow Coat your makeup brush with the light or neutral shadow. Shake off any excess shadow by tapping the brush against a hard surface.
- Step 2: Apply to entire lid Brush the light or neutral shadow over your entire eyelid, from lashes to brow.
- Step 3: Coat the brush Coat your makeup brush with the darker shadow, making sure to shake off the excess.
- Step 4: Define the crease Starting at the outer corner of the eye, brush the darker shadow inward along the crease and up toward the tip of your eyebrow.
- TIP: Dust off any flakes of eye shadow that fall on your cheeks with eye makeup remover.
- Step 5: Blend to finish With a clean fingertip, blend the darker shadow upward and outward until you cannot see any defined line between the darker color and the light or neutral shadow.
- FACT: Did you know? Ancient Egyptian women used the green mineral malachite to highlight their eyes.
You Will Need
- An eye shadow brush
- Light or neutral eye shadow
- Darker eye shadow
- Eye-makeup remover (optional)