- Step 1: Pluck and comb Pluck or wax your eyebrows to the shape you want, and then comb them out with a mascara wand. Identify any bare spots.
- Step 2: Pencil in eyebrows Stroke your brows lightly with a soft pencil that is a shade or two lighter than the hair. Add more strokes to thinner areas, and follow the direction of growth.
- TIP: If your pencil is hard, warm the tip with your fingertips to soften it.
- Step 3: Brush on powder Dip the brush into the powder. Following the line of your brow, lightly brush the powder in short strokes onto the brow. The powder will stick to the pencil.
- TIP: Brush off stray flecks of powder with your fingertips, or use eye makeup remover to get rid of all traces.
- Step 4: Blend in color Carefully and lightly blend the brow color into your brow, so that you do not see any obvious powder or lines.
- Step 5: Brush Groom your eyebrows with a fine-tooth comb or a clean mascara brush.
- Step 6: Set eyebrows Fix your eyebrows in place by spraying a small amount of hair spray onto your finger and running it over your brows or with a small amount of alcohol-free hair gel.
- FACT: Did you know? Full eyebrows were so fashionable in 18th century Western Europe that some upper-class women affixed mouse hide to their foreheads.
You Will Need
- Tweezers or wax
- A mascara wand
- A soft eyebrow pencil
- An angled eye makeup brush
- Eyebrow powder
- A fine-tooth comb
- Eye makeup remover (optional)