- Step 1: Find a host web site Find a web site to sell your work. There are several sites on which artists can upload and sell their work. These sites take a cut of the sale or charge a membership fee.
- TIP: Develop your own web site portfolio to sell your work if you have web site building skills.
- Step 2: Blog Set up a blog where you can post new artwork or photos, and write entries about your life as an artist.
- TIP: Post a painting or photograph on your blog every day along with a link to where it can be purchased.
- Step 3: Post clear images Post clear images of your artwork or photographs on the web site so potential buyers can see your talent.
- Step 4: Write detailed descriptions Write detailed descriptions of your work for the web site to make your work easier to find.
- Step 5: Research Research work similar to yours. Find out who is buying the art, and direct your efforts to these potential customers.
- Step 6: Advertise Advertise online through social networking sites. Gear the advertisements toward people who may be interested in your work.
- FACT: Did you know? As of late 2006, the most expensive painting ever sold was Jackson Pollock's No. 5, 1948 for $140 million.
You Will Need
- A computer with internet access
- An online store or web site
- A blog