- Step 1: Visit the web site Visit the official GRE web site and download the practice exam and study guide.
- Step 2: Read directions Read the directions for each section of the practice exam several times to know what it's asking and what you need to do.
- Step 3: Find a tutor Find a private tutor through your college or local library to help answer questions and to guide your study.
- TIP: Talk to other students or friends who have taken the exam and learn from their experiences and mistakes.
- Step 4: Learn the scoring method Learn how the test will be scored and refine your study methods to avoid wasting time on topics that will not be covered or don't count.
- Step 5: Try a full practice test Work a timed practice exam one week before the test day to avoid over-preparing or panicking when test day comes.
- FACT: Over 3 million college degrees were expected to be earned at the end of the 2009 - 2010 school year.
You Will Need
- A computer with internet access
- An official study guide
- A practice exam
- A private tutor
- Students and friends (optional)