- Step 1: Bake Place the eggs directly on an oven rack. Bake the eggs for a half hour in an oven set to 325 degrees, not preheated.
- TIP: Place a baking sheet on the bottom rack to prevent a messy cleanup in case any eggs break.
- Step 2: Take eggs out Take the eggs out of the oven and place them in a bowl of ice water to stop them from cooking further.
- Step 3: Enjoy Take the eggs out of the water and put them in the refrigerator within two hours of cooking. The eggs will last a week in the refrigerator if they are kept in the shell.
- FACT: The green ring that forms between the yolk and the egg white when you hard-boil an egg is caused by the sulfur and hydrogen in the white reacting with iron in egg yolk.
You Will Need
- A baking sheet
- A bowl of ice water