- Step 1: Know your deadline Consider how much time you have, and whether or not the person will be home to accept the flowers. If you need same-day delivery, a florist-designed arrangement is the way to go. If you have more time, or your recipient enjoys assembling flowers themselves, sending via an overnight service might be a better option.
- TIP: If you're sending to someone who may not be home to receive a delivery, overnight shipping will leave the box at the front door.
- Step 2: Consider the impact Think about who you’re sending flowers to and what they might enjoy. If you're envisioning the recipient opening the door to a bouquet of our flowers in full bloom, a florist delivery provides that excitement. But if you want them to savor the experience of opening a gift box, arranging the flowers themselves, and watching budding flowers open, have fresh-cut flowers shipped.
- Step 3: Think about the recipient Take the recipient into account. Is there a particular flower they love? Do they like to arrange flowers in their own vase, or would they prefer to receive a beautiful arrangement that requires nothing but picking the perfect spot to display it?
- Step 4: Think about the occasion Contemplate the occasion. If it's a birthday, anniversary, retirement, or holiday, getting a gift in a box might offer more of a "wow" factor. But if it’s an unexpected occasion -- a promotion, sympathy, or just because -- a florist-designed, hand-delivered arrangement in a vase might be the best option.
- Step 5: Check the rules If you're sending our flowers to a workplace, hotel, hospital, funeral home, or other business location, find out their floral delivery rules. Some don't accept packages from overnight carriers.
- Step 6: Enjoy their reaction Now just sit back and let "1-800-FLOWERS":http://www.1800flowers.com do the rest -- no matter what method you chose, you'll be hearing from the recipient in no time!
You Will Need
- The recipient's preferences
- The occasion
- The delivery restrictions
- if any