- Step 1: Use silicone gel Apply silicone gel or sheets to scars. Over time, silicone can fade the appearance of scars.
- TIP: Silicone sheets can be washed and reused.
- Step 2: Apply cocoa butter Massage cocoa butter into the scar tissue every day. Massaging the scar helps it to fade.
- Step 3: Eat well Treat your skin well by eating antioxidant foods and by cutting sugars and starches from your diet.
- Step 4: Use alpha hydroxy acid Use alpha hydroxy acid treatments that strip off dead skin to reduce the appearance of acne scars and wrinkles.
- Step 5: Use onion extract Apply onion extract gel or products that contain it to the scar tissue. Onion extract helps reduce inflammation and scar appearance.
- Step 6: Research other options Consult a dermatologist to see if steroid injections, dermabrasion, laser resurfacing, or other procedures are right for you.
- FACT: In 2008, 31 percent of American women and 20 percent of men said they would consider plastic surgery now or in the future.
You Will Need
- Silicone gel or sheets
- Cocoa butter
- A healthy diet
- Alpha hydroxy acid
- Onion extract gel
- A dermatologist