- Step 1: Practice Practice what you are going to say to your partner to end the relationship. Be direct and honest.
- Step 2: Break up in person Break up with someone in person, or over the phone if meeting in person isn't possible. Do not use e-mail, a text message, social networking sites, or voicemail to end a relationship.
- TIP: Make sure you are in a place where you have family or friends near to ensure your safety.
- Step 3: Stick to your plan Stick to your decision and do not engage in an argument. Walk away if necessary.
- Step 4: Do not respond Avoid any contact for at least 30 days. Do not respond to accusations or insults.
- Step 5: Take time Take time for yourself, spend time with friends and family, or engage in a hobby you enjoy.
- FACT: In the first four months of dating, 76 percent of women contemplate dumping a guy.
You Will Need
- Friends and family
- A hobby