- Step 1: Sign in to My Verizon Log in to your Verizon account. If you don't have one, create an account at MyVerizon.com.
- TIP: Turn off your old phone if you still have it. It needs to be off before continuing the process.
- Step 2: Select Activate Phone Go to the quick links menu on your My Verizon page and select Activate Phone.
- Step 3: Choose your phone number Pick the phone number you will be using for your new phone. If you have more than one number on your plan, make sure you select the one that needs to be replaced.
- Step 4: Enter your ESN Enter your electronic serial number, or ESN/MEID, which can be found in your new phone's battery compartment.
- Step 5: Confirm order and location number Confirm your order and location number, which can be found in the paperwork from your new phone.
- Step 6: Enter your SSN Enter your social security number, and then agree to the terms and conditions. Then submit the form and follow the directions on the order confirmation.
- Step 7: Confirm activation Wait 10 minutes, then dial 228 and choose option three to confirm your activation or to activate the phone if problems occurred in the online process.
- FACT: In 2008, the U.S. had about 250 million cell phone subscribers – about 80 percent of the population.
You Will Need
- A computer with internet access
- A Verizon phone