- Step 1: Avoid eye contact Don't make eye contact with someone you want to ignore. If you see them on the street, look away.
- Step 2: Keep focused Focus on using your cell phone or searching for something in your pockets if they try to get your attention.
- TIP: Use your mp3 player anytime you go anywhere, and pretend to be engrossed in the music if you see someone you don't want to talk to.
- Step 3: Cease communication Cease all communication with the person you are trying to ignore, including e-mail and text messages.
- Step 4: Change routine Change your routine so that you don't run into the person or come into contact with them.
- Step 5: Change contact info Change all of your contact information if you really want to ignore someone.
- FACT: A study found that people who multitask are less able to ignore irrelevant information and are easily distracted.
You Will Need
- A cell phone
- A new routine
- New contact information
- An mp3 player (optional)