- Step 1: Place the fitted sheet on the mattress Place the fitted sheet on the bed by securing the corner elastic under the corners of the mattress. Tuck all of the edges of the sheet tightly around and under the mattress.
- Step 2: Place the top sheet over the fitted sheet Lay the top sheet over the fitted sheet, with the sheet's top edge even with the top of the mattress. Be sure that the sides of the sheet hang evenly over each side of the mattress.
- TIP: Place the edge of the sheet with the longer hem – about 2 inches wide – at the head of the bed.
- Step 3: Tuck the bottom of the sheet under mattress Lift the bottom of the mattress with one hand and tuck the bottom of the sheet between the box spring and the mattress with your other hand. Be sure that the edges of the sheet lay flat under the mattress.
- TIP: Use a long-handled wooden spoon to tightly tuck the sheet if you have trouble lifting the mattress.
- Step 4: Create a diagonal fold at the corner of top sheet Lift the top sheet about a foot away from the foot of the bed on the bedside. Pull straight up to form a diagonal fold and lay the fold flat on top of the bed.
- Step 5: Tuck the corner and the diagonal fold Tuck the piece that is hanging from the corner under the mattress. Smooth the diagonal fold down over the side of the bed, and tightly tuck it under the mattress.
- Step 6: Tuck the sheet to the top of the bed Tuck the side of the top sheet securely under the edge of the bed.
- TIP: Don't tuck in the last foot of the sheet near the head of the bed. Fold the top side of the sheet down to form a nice, crisp edge.
- Step 7: Repeat steps on the other side of mattress Do the same on the other side of the mattress, keeping the sheet pulled tight. Center your pillow at the head of the bed and look forward to a good night's sleep.
- FACT: In 2009, a hotel chain sponsored the World's Biggest Bed Jump. Thousands of people in four different cities jumped on giant 50- by 33-foot-beds for over 16 hours.
You Will Need
- A fitted sheet
- A top sheet
- A pillow
- A long-handled wooden spoon (optional)