- Step 1: Walk Wear comfortable clothes and sneakers and walk over a hurdle that is race height to get acquainted with the height and feel.
- Step 2: Lower the hurdle Lower the hurdle and practice stepping over it quickly without touching it with your foot.
- Step 3: Train Train your body to run fast by including running as well as strength and endurance training in your exercise regimen.
- TIP: Strength training is a must to keep your body strong and lean.
- Step 4: Practice Practice with more than one hurdle. Space them a foot apart at race height and walk over them leading with one leg, and then again leading with the opposite leg.
- Step 5: Run and jump Run and jump over one hurdle at race height or lower. Play with the position of your body as you jump until you are comfortable with the technique.
- Step 6: Build up to race speed Gradually increase your speed, building confidence and technique. On your mark, get set, go!
- FACT: The ancient Greeks had a race during the Olympics in which men ran wearing full combat armor.
You Will Need
- Comfortable clothes