- Step 1: Whisk milk Whisk the milk and egg in the shallow bowl.
- Step 2: Fill with chocolate Place the chocolate between two slices of bread. Dip the sandwich into the egg mixture.
- TIP: Do not extend the chocolate over the bread.
- Step 3: Heat butter Heat the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place the sandwich in the skillet.
- Step 4: Cook until golden brown Cook the sandwich, flipping it with the spatula, until the bread is golden brown and the chocolate is melted.
- Step 5: Sprinkle sugar Dust your sandwich with confectioners’ sugar and serve it alongside your favorite ice cream.
- FACT: Wild Woody’s Grill and Chill in Roseville, Michigan, set a world record by making a sandwich that weighed in at 5,440 pounds.
You Will Need
- 1 tbsp. milk
- Large egg
- 2 oz. semisweet chocolate bar
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Confectionersu2019 sugar
- Ice cream