- Step 1: Pick candy Pick candy for the buffet. Choices can be based on the wedding couple's favorites, the color scheme of the wedding, or the way the candies compliment the dessert or wedding cake being served.
- Step 2: Order candy Order enough candy so the buffet is full and each guest gets a share. Extra candy can be taken home by the guests.
- TIP: Buying candy locally is less expensive than ordering candy through the mail or online.
- Step 3: Choose glassware Choose glassware to hold the candy. Select containers of varied heights and shapes.
- Step 4: Add tongs and scoops Add tongs and scoops for the guests to use.
- Step 5: Purchase containers Purchase containers for the guests to take home candy from the buffet. Have paper lunch bags, half-pint takeout containers, or glassine bags available at the buffet.
- Step 6: Decorate the buffet Accentuate the buffet with balloons and flowers. Put labels on the containers of candy, and wrap the containers with ribbon.
- FACT: According to a study by the American Heart Association, the average American eats 22 teaspoons of sugar a day.
You Will Need
- Paper bags
- Takeout boxes
- Glassine bags