- Step 1: Identify specific objects Identify specific things to be done or objects to be organized – books, trash, clothing items – and clean by category.
- TIP: Play music while you clean. It'll make time pass more quickly.
- Step 2: Focus on one area Focus on one area at a time and clean it, before moving to the next one. Start in one corner and move out from there.
- Step 3: Set time limits Set time limits and make a game out of it, betting on yourself.
- Step 4: Post visual reference Post a to-do list on the door, making a visual reference that targets tasks so you don’t forget anything. This confers a sense of achievement.
- Step 5: Make bed Remove your bedding and put on new sheets. Get the dirty dishes, old socks, and any dead things out from underneath.
- Step 6: Sort clothes Separate dirty clothes from clean, which should be folded and put away or hung up.
- Step 7: Dust and vacuum Dust all surfaces and vacuum the carpet. Spray some air freshener. Done.
- FACT: A "Class 100" clean room contains no more than 100 particles larger that 0.5 microns per cubic foot of air.
You Will Need
- A clock
- A piece of paper and pen
- A duster
- A vacuum
- Spray freshener