- Step 1: Blot the urine Blot the urine with paper towels.
- Step 2: Mix solution Mix a solution of ½ cup white vinegar and 1 quart warm water. Dampen the urine-stained area with the solution, wait a few hours, and then soak up any excess liquid.
- TIP: You can substitute hydrogen peroxide for white vinegar.
- Step 3: Mix cornstarch and water Mix cornstarch and water together until you get a thick consistency.
- Step 4: Spread Spread the mixture over the stained area, let it sit until dry, and then vacuum it up.
- Step 5: Mix vinegar and dish soap Mix a solution of ¼ cup white vinegar and ½ cup liquid dish detergent.
- Step 6: Apply solution Apply the solution to the stain and let it sit for 30 minutes. Then soak up the solution and sprinkle it with cornstarch.
- Step 7: Let dry Let it dry and vacuum it up.
- FACT: Kids usually grow out of bed-wetting. About 13 percent of 6-year-olds wet the bed, while about 5 percent of 10-year-olds do.
You Will Need
- Paper towels
- White vinegar
- A vacuum
- Dishwashing liquid
- Hydrogen peroxide (optional)