- Step 1: Explore the feed and featured content Check out the home screen, Boxee’s command central. Your Feed includes recommended content from your friends on Boxee and social-networking sites, while the Featured section contains media from Boxee's content providers, including TV shows, movies, bands, and cool, web stuff you should know about.
- TIP: The best way to experience Boxee is on a beautiful HDTV. You can connect your computer with a cord that generally costs less than $20.
- Step 2: Build your queue Your queue is a playlist for all the things you wanna watch. As you find stuff that interests you from your friends, featured content, or even browsing the web, click the star icon to add it to your queue and save it for later.
- TIP: You can use Boxee with any infrared remote, or download the Boxee Remote app to your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Step 3: Search for a TV show Check out your favorite TV Shows in My TV Shows. Browse the TV Show Library for shows from around the web. Go to the left-side toolbar and type in the show's name into the search box -- Boxee delivers instant results from the internet and your hard drive. Select a show, pick an episode, and Boxee will tell you where it's available. You can then add it to your queue, share it, and more.
- TIP: Automatically add new episodes of a TV series to your queue by adding it to 'My Shows' from the left-side toolbar.
- Step 4: Check out apps Apps is the place to find entertainment, sports, music, photos, and other cool content from all over the web. Add your favorites to My Apps, accessible via the left-hand toolbar.
- TIP: The quickest way to access an app is to add it as a shortcut on the Jump Menu, found by pressing escape or back on your remote from any content library.
- Step 5: Access computer files If you have your own media collection, browse it using the Files menu -- a complete list of everything on your computer and home network. Select Add Media Share from the left-side toolbar to add the folders containing your music, movies, TV shows, and photos to the main Boxee menus. Boxee will automatically index those folders and craft a beautiful, easy-to-navigate library for you.
- Step 6: Extend Boxee's reach Half the fun of finding new stuff is sharing it. Using the Boxee website at boxee.tv, link Boxee with your social networks like Twitter, Facebook, Friendfeed, Tumblr, Flickr, and Digg, then help your friends find content they’ll love. And don't worry -- Boxee's privacy controls help you manage who sees what.
- Step 7: Explore To truly get the most out of Boxee, explore it! Dive right into Boxee, and see all the great free entertainment it has to offer!
- FACT: In February 2009, a man set the record for continuous television watching at a mind-numbing 72 hours.
You Will Need
- A television (optional)
- A remote control (optional)